Post T Hengelo
With the success of Post T Arnhem 1965, Signalsoft decided to follow it up with the next installment in the the Post T Series of GRS-NX simulations: Post T Hengelo. This time, you don’t have to sit all alone on the job, as you have the ability to open up a Dispatcher Office with other players online via the servers of Signalsoft Rail Consultancy Ltd. or via a direct link to your colleagues!
Post T Hengelo is a huge leap forward from the previous version. The power signalbox was the longest of its type in the Netherlands and had quite a load of train traffic. The timetable here is from 1999/2000, just before the panel was decommissioned and offers nearly a fixed hourly pattern of through freight trains over the border to Germany, local freight, and of course all the things that will cause delays.
It’s your task to dispatch all things properly and lead your traffic safely through the area.
Included in Post T Hengelo:
Kilometres of track
- Exact copy of the GRS-NX panel CTC functions
- VCVL (Vereenvoudigde Centrale Verkeersleiding=simplified CTC) (Mariënberg-Vroomshoop)
- 5 Stations
- 6 stopping places on the lines
- 32 platform tracks
- 162 switches/points/turnouts
- 381 track sections
- 67 Level Crossings (Aki’s, Ahob’s, Aob’s)
- Stop/Through operations for level crossings
- Issue Written Orders to drivers for level crossings
- Delegate issuing of written orders to despatch operators on the platforms
- Level Crossing defects
- Overhead Line Equipment operations (substations, distribution stations, connectors)
- Telerail (trainradio)
- CPZ-box (telephone)
- Platform Information Devices (PID’s)
- PID operation equipment with “Krone” punch card reading system
- Train Descriptor system (TNV)
- Dispatcher Screens (VKL)
- Modern Dispatching Time-Way Diagram with dynamic functions and conflict management
- Post 21 Track Occupation Diagram with conflict management
- Local Operations Areas
- Switch Lock local operation
- Dispatcher Office (“Multiplayer”) with up to 5 participants on one panel!
The demo version does all what the full version can do, except:
- You cannot load and save the simulation session
- You cannot work more than 20 minutes
- You cannot start a multiplayer session
Important: in the demo version you can follow the in-simulation learning session about how to operate the basics for route setting and the simplified CTC operations (VCVL).
Here’s a map of the Hengelo Area:
The complete overview over tracks, signals and catenary groups:
The hourly pattern of the timetable is here:
Here is a little task list, about what to do when and why:
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, 32 or 64 bit
- 1GB RAM memory
- 500MB space free on hard disk
- Sound Card
- 2.0 GHz processor
The simulation can run on older computers, though we encourage you to have
- 2 GB RAM Memory
- 3 GHz multi-core CPU
The simulation can run on a monitor with 1024x768 resolution, though we strongly encourage higher resolutions for a better simulation experience.
For optimal results, you might consider having a widescreen monitor. Multiple widescreen monitors are ideal.
Microsoft .Net Framework
This computer program uses the Microsoft .NET Framework.
If this is not available, it will be installed upon installation of the application.
Visit our webshop!